Continuing Medical Education (CME) Course
Saturday, April 27, 2013 at 7:30am to 12:30pm
342 Longwood Avenue, Boston, MA
TOPICS IN BREAST AND GYNECOLOGIC CANCERS
Date: Saturday, April 27, 2013
Time: 7:30 am (registration check-in) – 12:30 pm
Location: The Inn at Longwood Medical, 342 Longwood Avenue, Boston, MA
Offered by Dana-Farber/Brigham and Women’s Cancer Center and Harvard Medical School Department of Continuing Education.
This half-day course is designed for medical, radiation, and surgical oncologists, gynecologists, primary care physicians, nurse practitioners, and other interested clinicians.
At the conclusion of this course, attendees will be able to:
- Discuss the most recent information available on alcohol and breast cancer risk
- Describe how and when to screen for cervical disease and manage benign cervical disease
- Recognize and manage side effects of cancer and treatment
- Summarize safe and effective pain management options that can be offered to patients
- Discuss how to initiate end-of-life (EOL) planning discussions and facilitate EOL care based on patient wishes.
The Harvard Medical School is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing education for physicians.
The Harvard Medical School designates this live activity for a maximum of 4.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
This activity meets the criteria of the Massachusetts Board of Registration in Medicine for 2.00 credits of Risk Management Study, 1.00 credit of Opioid Education and Pain Management Training, and 1.00 credit of End-of-Life Care Studies.
For complete course information and how to register, visit: http://www.dfbwcc.org/classes/2013-04-27.html or call 800-553-3787.
No recent activity
No activity yet
342 Longwood Avenue, Boston, MAEnlarge Map